Gynaecology : General Information
A major part of my training relates to gynaecology. I have long experience with managing specific conditions using either medication or surgery when needed.
I enjoy gynaecological surgery and have presented papers on minimally invasive surgery in England, Germany and the United States. Nevertheless, I will always look for the simplest way to resolve a complaint and have a naturally conservative bias. If there is an effective non-surgical solution to a problem I will encourage its use.
I go to many conferences and postgraduate meetings to keep up with the latest developments.
My gynaecology practice encompasses
- Management of pelvic conditions and complaints specific to women
- Assisting women to stay healthy and happy throughout their lives
- Fertility and pre-pregnancy care
Common reasons for consultation
- Menstrual disorders & PMT
- Pelvic pain
- Fertility problems (see Infertility)
- Abnormal Pap Smears
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
- Ovarian cysts
- Menopausal and post-menopausal complaints
- Family Planning needs
- Problems post pregnancy such as prolapse and perineal complaints
- Vulval and vaginal problems